The New Security Leaders program of the Warsaw Security Forum is an initiative of the Casimir Pulaski Foundation, European Academy of Diplomacy and Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, which aims to connect high potential, future leaders from think-tanks, Ministries of Defense and National Security establishments with leading experts in the fields of international security and relations.
The 5-day program aims to share the Polish and CEE perspective on key security challenges in the region and discuss three primary topics: Future of NATO and the EaP, cyber-warfare and energy security. Participants will also undergo Crisis Management & Leadership training component that will help and enable future leaders in decision making during complex periods of crises.
Recruitment – Application Deadline: October 5th, 2014
The NSL program is open to all NATO, EU and European Neighborhood country members with more than 3 years of relevant experience in a security related profession. Applicants will be required to submit electronic application, as well as submit a CV (in English) and an OpEd (up to 1000 words) on one of the following topics:
– Future of NATO-Russia Relations: End of the story of a new opening?
– Shale Gas Revolution and Energy Security: Towards a new energy paradigm
– The Role of Critical Infrastructure in the Cybersecurity System of a State
The best accepted paper will be presented with a special award during the opening ceremony of the Warsaw Security Forum and Conference of National Security High Level Representatives of the EU Member States.
Selected participants will receive confirmation no later than 13 October 2014 and will receive full board and accommodation (double occupancy) and entrance into the 2014 Warsaw Security Forum.
17th November 2014
– Arrival to Warsaw
– Opening Reception
18th November 2014
– Crisis Management Training
– Roundtable: Future of NATO
– Working Dinner with General Stanisław Koziej (tbc)
19th November 2014
– Roundtable & Simulation: CyberSecurity and Deterence
– Roundtable: Energy Security
– Working Dinner with fmr. President Aleksandr Kwasniewski (tbc)
20-21 November 2014
– Participation in Warsaw Security Forum
For more information on the Warsaw Security Forum, please visit: http://warsawsecurityforum.org/
For more information on the New Security Leaders program, please contact NSL coordinator, Ms. Katarzyna Waksmundzka at firstname.lastname@example.org